Bylaws and Meeting Helps
The purpose of the Structure Committee is to:
- Keep the LWML Bylaws and related resources flexible while maintaining the legal status of the organization.
We stand ready and willing to assist your district, zone, or society with bylaw questions. Just ask!
God bless you as we all work together to keep our bylaws and related resources flexible while maintaining the legal status of the LWML.
You may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Learn about the organization of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League. The LWML Handbook contains everything to know about the organization; relationships of the local group and individual members to zone, district and national LWML, history, and meeting helps. Additional information can be found in the documents below.
The 2015 Edition of the LWML Leaders Manual details the responsibilities and duties of our LWML leadership, which is helpful for those who are elected or appointed to serve. It can also be used as a resource for those who wish to be considered for an LWML committee appointment.
Bylaws & Structure
You can access the 2017 LWML Bylaws herePDF
- Bylaws Words and MeaningsPDF
Test Your Bylaws KnowledgePDF
- Answer KeyPDF
- Structure & Sample BylawsPDF (Section A, Excerpt, LWML Handbook)
- Formatting Proposed Bylaws AmendmentsPDF
- Structure TerminologyPDF
- Structure CommitteesPDF
- Individual MembershipPDF
- Savvy Meetings: A Pop QuizPDF
- Handling a Main MotionPDF
- Does This Belong in the Minutes?PDF A Short Quiz
- A Successful LWML MeetingPDF
- Parliamentary Basics PDF
- Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised 11th Edition PDF
- Meetings 101PDF
- Voting by E-MailPDF
Meeting helps from the LWML Handbook
- pg 1 LWML Pledge
- pg 2 Lutheran Women, One and All
- pg 3 Serve the Lord With Gladness
- pg 4 In League With Our Lord
- pg 5 Mite Box Devotion 1
- pg 6 Mite Box Devotion 2
- pg 7 Installation Service Meditation
- pg 8 Installation of Officers 1
- pg 9 Installation of Officers 2
- pg 10 Installation of District Officers
- pg 12 Blessing of Quilts
- pg 13 Contact Directory