Tips for Leading with Confidence
Dear LWML Leaders,
Welcome back to Tips for Leading with Confidence. We pray this leadership tip will be beneficial as you serve our Lord through the LWML. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
Telephone Voice Mail
Sometimes we get so focused on the task at hand we forget to look at our communications through the eyes and ears of the recipient. Here are some tips involving phone conversations and leaving voice mail messages.
- Begin by giving name, title, and phone number.
- Speak slowly, especially when giving a phone number.
- Always include an area code when leaving a message. Our mobile society means that your recipient may have a different area code.
- Make sure the message is clear and concise.
- Conclude with repeating your name and phone number.
Did you know the entire 2013 issue of the Lutheran Woman’s Quarterly was about communication? You can read archives from this issue here.
Susan Brunkow, Chairman
Leadership Development Committee