Dear LWML Leaders,
Welcome back to Tips for Leading with Confidence.
The Influence of a Leader
Leaders are people that others depend on to get things done. As a leader, we influence those around us by how we handle ourselves for the purpose of building meaningful and positive relationships. Leaders:
- Purposefully seek out someone and acknowledge their accomplishment.
- Take responsibility, seeing that the task at hand is completed.
- Acknowledge when a mistake is made and do their best to correct it.
- Are receptive to learning from those they lead.
- Remain steadfast in the midst of unpredictable circumstances.
- Consider the unique talents in the people around them and how they can best be utilized.
- Are resilient and continue to move forward as a righteous leader.
For the righteous fails seven times and rises again (Proverbs 24:16a).
Leadership Development Committee