Tips for Leading with Confidence
Dear LWML Leaders,
Welcome back to Tips for Leading with Confidence.
Volunteers make necessary and important contributions to any group. Their compensation comes from fulfillment of individual goals and motivational needs. Recognition is important in their continued motivation to serve.
Here are some suggestions to recognize and honor your volunteers:
- Make a phone call expressing your thanks.
- Write a personal note.
- Include their accomplishments in a newsletter.
- Reward them with a meaningful gift.
- Host an appreciation event to honor volunteers.
- Invite them to dinner.
- Thank them in person.
- Send out an email expressing your appreciation.
- Post photos of your volunteers on a church bulletin board or website.
The LWML resource Volunteers in Christ’s Ministry includes more information on honoring volunteers.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving (Colossians 3:23-24 NIV).
Susan Brunkow, Chairman
Leadership Development Committee