Helping Organizations Participate Effectively (HOPE)
Women in Mission University (WMU) is a tool to educate all people about the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League, written and prepared by the LWML HOPE (Helping Organizations Participate Effectively) Committee. It consists of four sections that can be used individually in separate events, or all or some of the sections may be used together as a one-day event.
Using WMU is an ideal way to introduce LWML to LCMS women in your congregation, zone, or district who are not yet participating in the mission of the LWML. It’s also useful as a refresher for women who are already involved.
Each of the sections contain a PowerPoint and other helps. Visit the components from the More Info tab to the right or from the WMU page.
To download LWML PowerPoint presentations, RIGHT CLICK (or COMMAND CLICK) on the file and save to your computer.
To view saved LWML PowerPoint presentations, open in your PowerPoint program and open as READ ONLY. If you do not have PowerPoint on your computer, you can open and view by using Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer. PowerPoint Viewer is a free download from Microsoft. (PC only.)
For further help, please contact the webmaster.
Articles To Make You Think
- Connecting in Our Technological World (PDF, 208KB - posted July 2013)
- Quarrel? or Collaborate? (PDF, 216KB - posted May 2013)
- The Power of "Un" (PDF, 254KB - posted Feb 2013
- Clean Sweep (PDF, 368KB - posted July 2012)
- How To Be a "Pillar" In Your Group (PDF, 242KB - posted March 2012)
- Is Your LWML Group "Brain-Friendly"? (PDF, 228KB - posted January 2012)
HOPE: Helping Organizations Participate Effectively
- To encourage all women to participate in events and activities that offer warm, welcoming opportunities for women to grow in faith and relationships as sisters in Christ; and
- To strengthen current LWML groups, providing resources that facilitate the connection of women and their embodiment of the LWML mission in various ways throughout their congregations.
Your HOPE Committee
Kaye Wolff, Chairman
Comments, Questions, or Idea? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer (Romans 12:12).