What Types of Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information that LWML collects from or about you may include:
- Contact Information such as name, postal address, and e-mail address;
- Information to help verify your identity and authenticate your access to your information, products and services at the Site, including a password, secret question and secret answer.
How We Collect Your Information
LWML may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
Your enrollment form.
Your use of the Site and the products and services offered through it, including data transmitted to www.lwml.org through cell phones and other mobile devices; Other sources, as allowed by law.
Cookies and Other Related Issues
When you visit the Site, we receive certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring website addresses. This data does not identify you uniquely. However, it is used to assist in "authenticating" who you are when you access the Site.
We may also receive additional information about your visit to the Site, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take in connection with the Site and the products and services offered through it. This data is used to make the site design more efficient.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
- To complete transactions and render products and services authorized by you;
- To send you information about additional products and services that have been or will be offered through the Site by LWML and others; although you may opt out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from LWML by following the opt-out processes described in those messages;
- As otherwise authorized by you.
Access to Your Information
You may review and update the Personal Information maintained about you in the "My Account" section of the Site at any time to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
To ensure that your Personal Information remains confidential, LWML uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to transmit and receive your Personal Information in an encrypted form.
Additionally, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information. We update and test our technology frequently to improve these protections and to ensure the integrity of your Personal Information.
LWML has policies and procedures that limit employee access to your Personal Information to those with a business reason to have such information. We educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy, and we take appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our privacy practices.
Protection for Former Customers
We treat the Personal Information of our former customers with the same care and respect as that of our current customers.
Compliance with Applicable Laws
Lutheran Women's Missionary League
P.O. Box 411993
St. Louis, MO 63141-1993