LWML 2022 GivingTuesday: September to Remember
Giving Tuesday — a day of giving — is celebrated by many organizations the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. LWML is celebrating this event on September 13, 2022 — our own September to Remember. This year, we will focus on “Treasures of Your Heart.”
Watch for daily posts the first two weeks of September as LWML shares stories of “Treasures of Your Heart.” We encourage you to share a story about one of the treasures of YOUR heart on Facebook. For September 13th only, we invite you to donate toward the LWML Mission Goal in honor or in memory of the special treasure and pray for our mission grants. Matching gifts will double your impact!
Give on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, and DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT!
Thanks to a generous family, GivingTuesday donations will be matched, up to a total of $10,000 in matching funds!
How to donate:
You may still mail your donation labeled for “September to Remember” or “GivingTuesday” to:
801 Seminary Place, Ste. L010
St. Louis, MO 63105
What do you treasure?
This September we remember those treasures of our hearts which tell of Jesus's great love for us or bring people together in friendship or service to others.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21).
Read others’ "treasures of the heart" stories here!
- Treasure of My Heart: Precious Gifts of God by Michelle Jenks
- I’ve Treasured Your Prayers by Susan Donnelly
- Good Memories are Part of the Treasures of My Heart by Arlene Naasz
- The Narrow Door by Rev. Gary Piepkorn
- My Cottage — A Treasure of My Heart by Kathy Pavelock
- Indiana Friends — Treasures of My Heart by Karla Koehler
- A Treasured Coat by Brenda Piester
- Teenage Treasures by Deaconess Betty Knapp
- Treasure of my Heart: My Sister Donna by Marie Chow
- Treasures of My Heart — My Faith Heritage by Karen Morrison
- Treasures of My Heart: Our First Responders by Rev. Brian Noack
- Life’s Challenges Become Treasured Moments by Susan Brunkow
- Treasures of My Heart by Debbie Larson
Who We Are
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is an official auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For 80 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
What Are Mission Grants?
The LWML Mission Goal funds our mission grants. New LWML Mission Grants are selected every two years and freely given offerings are dedicated to these mission grants for the purpose of reaching out to others with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
A Mission Grant Prayer
Dear Lord, we are blessed to be called Your children. Thank You for supplying our every need. Thank You for sending Your Son to be our Savior. Help us to share Your truth and Your love with our friends and neighbors. Help us to be blessings to others. May our mite offerings be used to bring Christ to the nations and to help those in need, especially those in need of Your saving grace. To You be the glory! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.