Tips for Leading with Confidence
Dear LWML Leaders,
Welcome back to Tips for Leading with Confidence. We pray this leadership tip will be beneficial as you serve our Lord through the LWML. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
Staying Energized As a Leader
Being a leader can be exhilarating but sometimes a leader may feel chronically tired, lose interest in their goals, or lack motivation to serve. These are all signs of Leader Burn Out.
Here are some suggestions to stay energized as a leader.
- Find a friend that you can fully trust. Discuss what you are feeling and experiencing. Share your concerns of how it might be impacting your leadership.
- Write down everything that has happened in your life over the past year. Both the relaxing and stressful times. Review the list with your trusted friend for items that may cause burn out.
- Ask other leaders what they do to stay motivated. Leaders need others they can rely on as difficulties arise.
- Explore the “CliftonStrengths assessment” a self-personality profile. This will identify ways you naturally lead and will point you towards success.
- Journal your thoughts and questions. Take them to God in prayer, asking for the wellness of being the leader He has called you to be.
- Recharge by doing something you enjoy on a regular basis. Be creative. It can be writing, taking pictures, going for a walk, or just spend a few days with family or a friend.
Be proactive in preventing burn out so that you may accomplish great things as a leader.
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31).
**adapted from KevinWilson360 February 14, 2018 post
Susan Brunkow, Chairman
Leadership Development Committee