LWML Resources -
Leader Development ... Developing Leaders
“Wow! I wish I had a copy of that Bible study!” Have you ever said that after participating in a study with such a powerful message you wanted to share it with others?
It just might happen with a new Bible study, Christian Leaders Bible Study, written by Rev. John Heckmann, one of our LWML Pastoral Counselors. Geared for Christian leaders, it contains new insights into developing leadership attitudes and skills.
The Christian Leaders Bible Study is divided into three parts, each with a different focus. A separate study guide and leaders guide are available on this page as free downloads. They are also offered for purchase in the LWML Catalog as printed resources: Study Guide #14191; Leaders Guide #14190
This is an excellent resource for districts to use with their board of directors, committee chairmen, or zone counterparts. Consider passing it along to use on the zone level at retreats or rallies, or as a resource for society leaders. Take a look today! It will be a blessing and a help for you.
Spring 2013 - We are now past Easter. How are those New Year’s Resolutions going? Did they include a desire for a healthier lifestyle? LWML leaders seek to be God-pleasing in all aspects of their lives. In this issue of Follow the Leader, we will explore Servant Leadership principles, and tips for healthy living and reducing stress.
Click on the logo above to see all the newsletters from the Leader Development Committee, including the latest issue!
Event Planner & Speakers Brochure (PDF, 140KB) For assistance as you plan upcoming LWML events, check out the newly-revised Event Planners and Guest Speakers: Partners with a Purpose brochure. It's an excellent resource for societies, zones, and districts that work with guest speakers. Download and print as many copies as you need. Enjoy!
- Christian Leaders Bible Study
- Meetings 101 (PDF, 159KB)
- Look Of A Leader (PDF, 112KB)
- Mentoring Resource Kit
- Helpful Resources for Mentoring with PowerPoint Script (PDF, 239KB)
- Helpful Resources for Mentoring PowerPoint Presentation (PPT, 751KB - See Help tab on right for tips on downloading the PPT Presentation)
- Dr. Mary Hilgendorf's Naomi and Ruth Bible Study Participant's Guide (PDF, 199KB)
- Naomi and Ruth Bible Study PowerPoint Presentation (PPT, 1.08MB - See Help tab on right for tips on downloading the PPT Presentation)
- Naomi and Ruth Bible Study PowerPoint Script (PDF, 243KB)
- Mentoring Brunch (PDF, 27KB)
- Mentoring Match Up Game (PDF, 97KB)
- Mentoring Match Up Game Answer Key (PDF, 4.21KB)
- Woman to Woman Mentoring (PDF, 423KB)
- Leadership Development Committee Guidelines (PDF, 263KB)
- Motivation is Contagious (PDF, 180KB)
- Leadership in Pairs (PDF, 728KB)
- Leadership 101 (PDF, 242.1KB)
- Lucy Leader is In! (PDF, 141.5KB)
- Passing the Baton (PDF, 131.2KB)
- LWML Servant Resources Kit (PDF, 259KB)
- Gifted for Service - A Bible Study on Spiritual Gifts. (PDF, 176KB)
- Personal Development - Are you all wrapped up in beautiful paper with ribbons and all the trimmings to match? What is inside that beautifully wrapped gift? (PDF, 170KB)
- Welcoming New Members ... into your church family. Participate in your church’s assimilation committee to coordinate a special plan for personally welcoming each new church family member. (PDF, 130KB)
- Gaining, Training, LWML MembersThe mission statement of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League does not address gaining, training, and maintaining members. So how do they come about? (PDF, 141KB)
- Flowering LWML Leaders (PDF, 22KB)
Welcome to our link on the LWML website. We are a committee who seeks to Follow The Leader, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We serve with confidence knowing He will lead and guide us as we read in Psalm 25:5a NIV: “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God and Savior.”
Our committee's objective this biennium is: While in an intentional walk with our Lord, women will receive guidance and be encouraged as ministry partners for joyful service.
Watch for updates on this Leader Development page, including monthly articles, quarterly newsletters, and more revised resources offered as free downloads and through the LWML Catalog.
We are seeking ways to better connect, network, and share ideas and information with LWML women in our districts, zones and societies. Please support our efforts by lifting up this committee in your prayers: Cheri Fish, Katy Gifford, and Eden Keefe, Chairman.
We’d Love to Hear From You! Please let us know if we can assist you in any way. If you have specific topics you would like to see researched and addressed we would love to hear from you, too. Please contact email@example.com and put Leader Development in the subject line so the message can be forwarded to us.
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God and Savior.