LWML 36th Biennial Convention
Date: June 25-28, 2015
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Theme: "Bountiful! Sow • Nourish • Reap"
Scripture Verse: And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work (2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV).
President: Kay Kreklau
Convention Highlights Video
- Instructions to download: Click the above link and the download page will open in a new window. From there, click the blue “Download” button in the upper right corner, then click “Direct download” in the pull-down menu that appears.
Convention Worship Folders
Convention Information and Downloads
- Download the entire manual to your laptop or tablet! The easy way to keep up with events. (PDF, 2.21MB)
- "Harvest Times" issue 1 June 25, 2015
- "Harvest Times" issue 2 June 26, 2015
- "Harvest Times" issue 3 June 27, 2015
- "Harvest Times" issue 4 June 28, 2015
2015 Convention Goal Statement
Through Christ’s bountiful love and blessings of Word and Sacraments, I am equipped by the Holy Spirit to work in my Father’s harvest field.
2015 Convention Objectives
Convention attendees will be:
- Fed by God’s Word and Sacrament
- Nurtured through worship and fellowship
- Equipped to sow, nourish, and reap in the Father’s field
2015 Convention Logo Explanation
The brown line represents mankind as a newly plowed field open to receive God’s bountiful blessings. As God nourishes His people with His Word and Sacraments, the Holy Spirit nurtures faith in Christ Jesus who, by His death on the cross, gives salvation and forgiveness to all believers and empowers them to serve as His light (depicted by the sun) to the world. The two green lines represent the abundant fruits produced through His grace by God’s people. The three lines together depict an open Bible. In response to His grace, mercy, and bountiful blessings we thank, praise, and share our Father’s love.
Totals for Convention Offerings as of 8/31/15:
- Pledge Walk - $101,442.73
- Golf Outing - $13,281.57
- Offering #1 – LWML Mission Goal 2015–2017 - $65,356.90
- Offering #2 – Discovering Disabilities – ALL of God's Children - $37,555.55
- Offering #3 – Cabins for Christ's Children - $41,730.67
- Offering #4 – Family of God Mission – Detroit, Michigan - $42,060.82