LWML Resources - Archivist-Historians
Archives are the non-current records of individuals, groups, institutions, and governments that contain information of enduring value. Formats represented in the modern archival repository include photographs, films, video and sound recordings, computer tapes, and video and optical disks, as well as the more traditional unpublished letters, diaries, and other manuscripts. Archival records are the products of everyday activity. Researchers use them both for their administrative value and for purposes other than those for which they were created. (SAA, Society of American Archivists)
Preserving Your LWML History
- Tells the story through the Word as you worship and organize Bible study in your group.
- Tells the story of your Mission as you participate through Mites and reach out to your community.
- Tells the story of your Fellowship as you build relationships over the generations through retreats, events, and working together.
The primary task of the archivist is to establish and maintain control, both physical and intellectual, over records of enduring value. Archivists select records, a process that requires an understanding of the historical context in which the records were created, the uses for which they were intended, and their relationships to other sources. The archivist then arranges and describes the records, in accordance with accepted standards and practices; ensures the long-term preservation of collections; assists researchers; and plans and directs exhibitions, publications, and other outreach programs to broaden the use of collections and to enlist support for archival programs. All archivists, especially those with administrative responsibilities, need to understand and apply the principles of sound management to their work. (SAA, Society of American Archivists)
Resources for LWML Archivist-Historians
- Biographical RecordPDF
- LWML Biennium Report Checklist PDF
- Summary Sheet ExamplePDF
- Supply List PDF
- What To Keep PDF
- LWML Archivist Boot Camp 2015 PowerPoint PPTX Courtesy of Concordia Historical Institute
- LWML Archivist Boot Camp 2015 PDF
- Displays Guidelines PowerPoint PPTX
- Displays Guidelines PDF