LWML Toolkit Kits
LWML Toolkit Kits are kit suggestions that you can use for Gifts from the Heart in your district, zone, and local groups. Be sure to know where your kits will be given before you start collecting. It is suggested that agencies be contacted to be sure they can take the kits and in what quantity. Different agencies may also request certain items to better serve their clients. This kit list is simply a “jumping off” point to use as you share God’s love and serve the Lord with Gladness.
Cancer Care Kit
- Washcloths (colorful, fun ones)
- A pretty scarf or hat for when she loses her hair
- Slipper/cozy socks
- Knitted prayer shawl
- Large soup mug with homemade soup mixes
- Lip balm for chapped lips
- Hypoallergenic body lotion
- Blessings and Prayers for Those with Cancer from Concordia Publishing House
- Devotional book
- A woman’s Bible such as The Lutheran Bible Study, Today’s Light Devotional Bible, and Today’s Light Journal, from Concordia Publishing House.
- Personal love notes tied together with pretty ribbon
- Word puzzle or Sudoku book
- Peppermint candies or Ginger tea to combat nausea, mouth sores and dry mouth
- Chemo caps
- Sleep eye mask
- Heat packs for neck, eyes, feet etc.
- Breast reconstruction pillow or body pillow
- Seatbelt pillows and cushions
- A free massage (masseuse will come to them)
- Donate hair for wigs