The LWML Leadership Development Committee may be a standing committee whose chairman may be appointed. The purpose of the Leadership Development Committee is to equip and encourage leaders within the LWML.
The Leadership Development Committee may:
- Share ideas and expertise to support the development and participation of future leaders.
- Actively demonstrate Christ’s love to each other united as sisters in Christ.
- Utilize LWML resources and training materials to equip each other in leadership roles.
- Promote the education and training of leaders of all ages, helping them develop skills so that they can achieve their potential as servant leaders.
- Encourage the use of Leadership Development materials for group and personal growth.
- Assist in the preparation of Leadership Development workshops and seminars.
- Mentor and encourage women of all ages to be servant leaders.
- Spend time together as committee members studying God’s Word, praying, and planning.
- Conduct leadership training at Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings as feasible.
- Be bold and “step out of the box” with ideas and encouragement.
- Be resourceful and helpful to the president.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us … if it is encouraging, let them encourage … if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; … let him do it cheerfully (Romans 12:6a and 8).
What Am I To Do As A Committee Member or Chairman?
- Thank God for this opportunity to serve Him and pray for His guidance in all you do.
- Familiarize yourself with the LWML Handbook, official LWML publications, the LWML website, and the LWML store items.
- Search for new materials that will assist women to develop leadership skills and leadership styles and strengthen their confidence in using those skills.
- Present LWML Leadership Development materials whenever there is an opportunity.
- Be creative and assist in producing leadership development materials.
- When using materials someone else has written, credit the source. Always pass materials through the doctrinal review process.
- Acknowledge all correspondence promptly.
God has chosen you for the position you are now occupying. Do ALL TO HIS GLORY!!!
The Leadership Development Committee Chairman should:
- Review files from past Leadership Development Committee chairmen, purging files no longer necessary, and saving those important for historical value.
- When producing leadership development materials, consult with your pastor or LWML Counselor, assuring materials will be doctrinally correct. Materials can be submitted for publication through the LWML Christian Resources Editors after approval of Vice President of Organizational Resources.
The Leadership Development Committee Chairman may:
- Plan and implement Leadership Development programs.
- Promote the use of Leadership Development materials from the LWML store.
- Maintain a file of all correspondence, reports, and news articles relevant to leadership development.
- Encourage and work with the Leadership Development Committee.
- Maintain a file of all Leadership Development materials available from LWML, district, or zone and any materials developed locally that have been reviewed by an LWML Counselor.
- Evaluate and report on all Leadership Development workshops and activities. Include the date, time, place, attendance, theme, program, and evaluation of each.
Chairman Transition of Office
- Pass on to your successor all materials and files pertaining to the office.
- Immediately following conclusion of term of office, review all past and current programs with the new chairman.
- Submit appropriate records and materials to Archivist-Historian.
Many resources are available on the website at www.lwml.org/developing-leaders.
LWML Office Information
Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11).