November 7, 2016FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LWML Releases New Mite Boxes
ST. LOUIS, November 7, 2016—The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) announced the release of a new Mite Box design. The new box was created by graphic designer Amy Gill from Phoenix, Arizona. The updated Mite Box design includes the 75th Anniversary logo, also designed by Amy Gill, along with an explanation of what LWML does and what offerings into a Mite Box will do.
President Patti Ross quoted from the final line of explanation on the Mite Box. She said, “As you pray and put your money into this box, you give more than silver and gold; together we share the riches of Christ with the nations!”
The Children’s Mite Box also underwent an update. The newest version was created by graphic designer Shannon Sanew from Glen Ellyn, Illinois. This kid-friendly design is perfect for use in school classrooms, Sunday Schools, and in the home.
President Ross emphasized, “Over the years, Lutheran women have stepped out in faith, setting goals and trusting God to move the hearts of His people to give generously. Our Mite Box gives us a focal point for collecting those generous gifts.”
Mite boxes have changed in color and design over the years, but what has never changed is the dedication of offerings for the purpose of reaching out to others with the Good News of Jesus Christ. LWML Districts retain 75% of mite offerings for mission support chosen by delegates at district conventions, with the remaining 25% supports mission grants chosen by delegates at national conventions. In 2015, delegates voted in support of a $2 million mission goal to be reached by March 31, 2017.
For updated information on the status of current grant recipients and payments, see Mission Grants on the LWML website.
Lutheran Women in Mission — The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Since 1942, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries, and to support global missions.
3558 S Jefferson Ave
St Louis, MO 63118
Contact: Carol von Soosten
Public Relations Director
Lutheran Women's Missionary League