The 2019 Prayer Service, written by past LCMS Rocky Mountain District President Rev. Allen D. Anderson, is centered around the acronym for “CARES” and based on Psalm 94:17–19: If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
How to use the Prayer Service
The Prayer Service is designed to be used at any time, by large or small groups. It is an abbreviated worship service. This material is copyrighted by the Lutheran Women's Missionary League and users agree to use the service in full context.
2019 Prayer Service Downloads:
Prayer Service script
Prayer Service cover
- cover image JPG
- 8.5" x 11" full page cover
- 8.5" x 11" bulletin cover format (In the print settings, select "booklet")
- 8.5" x 14" bulletin cover format (In the print settings, select "booklet." You will also need to change the paper size to "legal" in Page Setup.)
Prayer Service full service with cover, ready to print
- 8.5" x 11" full page
- 8.5" x 11" bulletin format (In the print settings, select "booklet")
- 8.5" x 14" bulletin format (In the print settings, select "booklet." You will also need to change the paper size to "legal" in Page Setup.)
- PowerPoint of Full Service PPT
- PowerPoint of title slides PPT
- PowerPoint background slide template PPT
About the Author
Reverend Allen D. Anderson, a graduate of Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Indiana, was ordained in 1981. He currently shepherds Mt. Zion Lutheran Church and Preschool in Boulder, Colorado. Throughout his ministry he has served the Rocky Mountain District in every capacity, most recently as District President. He has been active in national and international missions throughout his entire ministry. Pastor Anderson’s passion, as a servant of the Lord, is in his mission efforts to touch the lives of people to help them know forgiveness, life, and salvation through the only means possible … Jesus!