The Mailbox Member Program (MMP) is an intentional way to reach the women of your congregation who may not be participating in established LWML group activities.
This monthly program is designed to connect women to the Word through the Bible studies and articles in the Lutheran Woman’s Quarterly and to service opportunities available in the LWML and local groups.
You, as a Lutheran Woman in Mission, have the exciting opportunity to reach out and encourage women to participate in God’s work through LWML right where God has placed them. You can adapt this program to fit your setting.
The resources of the MMP enable women to live as redeemed children of the Triune God as they:
- Grow in faith through the study of God’s Word;
- Understand and support mission giving at home and abroad;
- Participate in servant events as individuals equipped by God to serve others; and
- Find support from other sisters in Christ who value and benefit from each other.
Participants in the MMP may be women who:
- Work outside of the home and have schedules that do not allow them to attend LWML activities;
- Are homebound or live in an assisted living or care facility;
- Are unable to attend meetings due to their children’s schedules;
- Are recovering from illness or an injury;
- Are unable to attend due to distance;
- Attend a college/university;
- Are missionaries around the world; and
- Want to be a Lutheran Woman in Mission!
Each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is invited to embrace her role as a Lutheran Woman in Mission by being a part of the Mailbox Member Program. As each woman is the heart of LWML, Christ is in the heart of each woman as she engages in mission education, mission inspiration, mission service, and mission support. We encourage each LWML group to begin this program.
How do you begin?
- Read through the LWML Mailbox Member Program and Coordinator Guide to familiarize yourself with the program.
- If you are a group leader, appoint a woman to coordinate this program or lead it yourself.
- Welcome women as they participate in any way.
Resources to implement the Mailbox Member Program:
- LWML Mailbox Member Program and Coordinator Guide
- Invitation (Word doc)
- Mailbox Member logo and MMP Zoom backgrounds
- Mailbox Craft
- Introducing Lutheran Women in Mission document
- Monthly resources
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11).