The Mailbox Member Program is an intentional way to reach out to women of your congregation who may not be currently participating in the established LWML activities. This program promotes the value of LWML and encourages participation in ways that fit into their lives and various vocations.
The resources of Mailbox Member enables women to:
- Identify and grow as baptized children of God,
- Understand and support mission giving,
- Participate in short term servant events, and
- Find support in Christian fellowship in this secular world.
The Mailbox Member Program allows women of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod to discover how God can work in their lives through the LWML. It is designed to help women stay connected even as they may not participate in every scheduled activity at their church. You, as a Lutheran Woman in Mission, have the exciting opportunity to reach out and encourage these sisters to participate in God’s work through LWML now, right where God has placed them.
This program may benefit a young mother who will find the Bible studies in the Lutheran Woman’s Quarterly relevant as she relaxes at the end of her day and a housebound woman who will enjoy helping with a service activity if she is given the supplies. These women may not join your monthly gathering but, if we make them aware of opportunities and share our joy, they may participate in their own way.
How does this work?
- Choose a woman to coordinate this program and ask her to read through the Mailbox Member Program Guidelines so she realizes how easy it will be to reach out.
- Pray for your coordinator and all women of your congregation. Be ready to welcome each woman as they participate in any way. As you pray, thank God for the opportunities He will present to His children through this program.
- For easy to follow guidelines and resources click on the links below.
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
Get Started With These Downloadable Resources:
Step 2: Invitations
Step 3: Mailbox Craft
Step 4: Welcome Month Resource
Step 5: Resources for each month
Year 1 January February March April May June July August September October November December Year 2 January February March April May June July August September October November December
Step 6: Blessing Cards