Mission Service Activity of the Month
July 2022: “Going Off to College” Care Packages
Going off to college is an exciting adventure. It may also be lonely and overwhelming. Care packages may be prepared to support:
- New college students from your congregation
- Graduating students from a local high school or Christian school
- Local college students who may need support
Knowing someone is praying for them or just receiving an extra snack can brighten the day of a college student. A care package can help strengthen a student’s lasting connection with their church and their faith.
College care package items:
- Drawstring backpack/sports bag
- Granola bars
- Reusable water bottle
- Powdered drink mix
- Post-it notes/highlighters
- Single-use laundry soap
- Lip balm
- Starbucks or Amazon gift cards
- Restaurant gift cards
- Silly game (like suction cup darts, basketball, or paddleball)
- Optional: College 101 A Christian Survival Guide or other devotional books.
You may include a personal note of encouragement. If students attend a local school, consider inviting them to attend your church service, a young adult event, or Bible study group.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths (Proverbs 3:6).
Devotion as You Plan:
Share the devotion God’s Family when you or your group are putting together these care packages.
Prayer as You Plan and Prepare:
Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over these beloved students that are going out into the world. Give them strength as they experience growth and seek education. May the knowledge of Your great mercy and love guide them as they strive to meet new challenges. Lord, in Your name we pray. Amen.
Download the printable PDF of this Mission Service Activity
The Gospel Outreach Committee would love to hear about, and share, your mission service activities! Please contact the Vice President of Gospel Outreach here. Thank you!