Mission Service Activity of the Month
February 2023: Sew eyeglass cases to support MOST Ministries eyeglass ministry.
Make MOST Ministries eye glass cases. Plan a sewing day or days to make eyeglass cases.
(Note: MOST Ministries does not collect hard cases.)
To make eyeglass cases you will need:
- Fabric (i.e., felt - soft yet sturdy, upholstery, or denim)
- Thread to match your fabric
- Sewing Machine
Instructions (Option 1):
- Cut fabric piece 7 1/2” square
- Hem one top edge (1/2” edge)
- Fold in half
- Sew side and bottom seam (1/2” seams)
- Turn inside out unless felt is used or you zigzag or serge the side seam
Instructions (Option 2):
- Cut fabric pieces 14 ½ x 4 ½ “
- Hem top edges
- Fold in half
- Sew both long side seams (1/2” seams)
- Turn inside out unless felt is used or you zigzag or serge the side seams
MOST Ministries is one of the Gifts from the Heart (GFTH) recipients for the LWML Convention in Milwaukee in June. Bring eyeglasses and eyeglass cases to Milwaukee.
Gospel Focus: THEY SHALL SEE GOD
“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:8).
Devotion as You Plan
Prayer as You Plan and Prepare
Heavenly Father, please bless all the hands that will be creating eyeglass cases for MOST Ministries. We pray for all the people in need of glasses where MOST Ministries serves. We pray that each one may have the opportunity to learn your Gospel message and see You as their savior. We pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Download the printable PDF of this Mission Service Activity
The Gospel Outreach Committee would love to hear about, and share, your mission service activities! Please contact the Vice President of Gospel Outreach here. Thank you!