LWML 37th Biennial Convention
Date: June 22–25, 2017
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Theme: "Jesus Christ Above All"
Scripture Verse: Therefore God has highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name that is above every name (Philippians 2:9).
President: Patti Ross
Convention Highlights Video
Katie Luther: humorous interruptions by Jan Struck
Convention PDFs and Additional Videos
- Convention Manual
- Opening Worship Service Bulletin
- Service of Sending Worship Bulletin
- View or download the Logo Reveal video here.
- View or download the Convention Highlights video here.
- View or download the 2017–2019 Mission Grants video here.
- View or download the 75 Years in Mission Bible Study concluding presentation here.
Access and order convention photos through our convention photographer, BBM Photography. (Just enter your name and email address to enjoy these visual memories).
- Newspaper — "The Diamond Times" issue 1
- Newspaper — "The Diamond Times" issue 2
- Newspaper — "The Diamond Times" issue 3
- Newspaper — "The Diamond Times" issue 4
- as of 8/31/17
- Pledge Walk: $90,839.49
- Tee Up 4 Mites Golf Outing: $9,704.78
- Convention Offering #1 — 2017–2019 LWML Mission Goal: $49,878.52
- Convention Offering #2 — LWML Endowment Fund in honor of LWML’s 75th Anniversary: $52,109.84
- Convention Offering #3 — Bilingual Worker Priest serving on the United States/Mexico border (from Concordia Lutheran Church, Chula Vista, California): $32,039.81
- Convention Offering #4 — God Cares About You (mission outreach in the International Zone from Christ Lutheran Church and School, Albuquerque, New Mexico): $33,985.56
- Gifts from the Heart report as of 7/11/17
Convention Goal Statement: Empowered by the Holy Spirit, through Word and Sacrament, I will proclaim Jesus Christ above all.
Convention Objectives -- Each convention attendee will be:
- Encouraged through worship and Bible study.
- Equipped to share His message of salvation.
- Engaged in celebrating God’s faithfulness while serving the Lord with gladness.