In recent years a common plea is for “less meeting” and “more mission.” However, when meetings are necessary, members want time to be spent wisely — including time spent working for the Lord. Expectations are that a meeting will:
- be well-planned, focused on the groups goals, and begin promptly;
- begin with prayer and inspiring devotions based on God’s Word;
- be led effectively so that business is transacted smoothly;
- be stimulating, with worthwhile programs;
- provide encouragement through unity and fellowship; and
- adjourn at the time promised.
All About Meetings
- Handling a Simple Motion — A Short Script
- Unable to Meet for Elections and/or Installations?
- Parliamentary Procedures and Terms
- Savvy Meetings: A Pop Quiz A Short Quiz
- Handling a Main Motion Parliamentary Game
- Parliamentary Basics
- Voting by Email