Dear LWML Leaders,
Confidence in Christian leadership is being grounded in the Word.
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing (Zephaniah 3:17).
Isn’t it wonderful that God did not create us all with a cookie cutter, but made us as unique and different as our fingerprints? And isn’t it amazing that God groups our talents and abilities together so that He is glorified in our ministries?
- Leaders know that God has a plan of salvation, and they pray to stay focused on sharing that plan in all their group activities and encourage those in their group to keep this focus as well.
- Leaders understand that they do not do all the work themselves because God has given them group members to work together with them, and He is in their midst.
- Leaders accept that they do not have to have all the creative ideas. As they listen to the ideas of the women around them, they facilitate the growth of ideas into plans of action that will ultimately help others see Jesus as Savior.
- Leaders can step back and let the planners and organizers in their group bring ideas to fruition — always ready to help if needed — quietly encouraging all members to be part of the whole and striving for a cohesive working environment.
- Leaders give praise to all when the job is complete and God is glorified.
God made you the leader of your group for a reason. He added your unique talents and abilities to the group you are leading. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
2021–2023 Group and Leader Development Committee Members
Brianne Stahlecker, Chairman
Marie Chow, Vice President of Organizational Resources, advisory